NEWS NEWS PULP INSIDER NEWS NEWS
PULP Live World
Congratulations to the winners of the AEROSMITH Gibson Epiphone Promo!
Special thanks to Crescendo Audio and Music Store!
BAZOOKA ROCKS II Blowout!
Get bundle promos and 50% Discount on these items!
Bazooka Rocks II gives you these awesome items at a whopping 50% discount and
Bundles at an
affordable prize you surely won't say "No" to.
Available only at Bazooka Rocks II Launch Party happening this Sunday, May 19th at the SM SkyDome!
Limited stocks and sizes only.
See you at the party!
Bazooka Rocks Launch Party on May 19!
The Philippines' First Indoor Rock Festival BAZOOKA ROCKS is throwing a launch party this May 19, 2013, 3PM at the SM Skydome.
Our Santa instict tells us you've waited long for this, so here's your wish granted!
Special performances from one of the International bands! Plus FAINTLIGHT and MAD HATTER DAY
Get ready for the announcement of the much anticipated line up of performers for this year's event.
Be the first to own a ticket ! First day of selling on the party.
fast pass to the event.
Loads of bandmerch at super discounted prices!
And of course games and raffle for freebies!
We'll see ya there party animals!
VIP or Lower Box (A/B) ticketholders to Aerosmith’s concert, get a chance to take home a Gibson guitar!
- 1. Promo period is from May 4, 2013 to May 19, 2013.
- 2. Raffle promo is open to all VIP and Lower box (A & B) ticket holders of Aerosmith’s Concert on May 8, 2013 at the MOA Arena. Complimentary, and/or Sponsor tickets shall not be honored
Ticket tier: Price
VIP (Standing) Php 15,500
VIP (Seated) Php 20,000
LOWER BOX A Php 20,000
LOWER BOX B Php 15,500
- 3. To join the raffle, participants should visit any CRESCENDO Outlet nationwide.
Participants must present their ticket, and/or official receipt (OR) to avail of the raffle coupon.
For participants joining after the concert date, simply present detached part of the ticket.
- 4. Once ticket has been verified by Crescendo’s sales personnel, each ticket entitles the bearer/s to one raffle stub.
- 5. Once given a raffle stub, participants are prompted to fill-in the ff:
details in the raffle ticket:
Complete mailing address
Valid e-mail address
Concert ticket number
- 6. Entries may be dropped in designated drop boxes located in all CRESCENDO outlets. Deadline for registration and submission of entries will be on May 19, 2013 until store closing, 9pm.
- 7. Prizes and Number of Winners:
1 winner of Gibson Flying V worth Php 68,000
1 winner of Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute (Vintage Sunburst) worth Php 51,000
1 winner of Epiphone 1966 G-400 Pro (Alpine White) worth Php 20,000
1 winner of Epiphone G-400 Guitar (Ebony) worth Php 19,000
2 winners of Epiphone G-400 Guitar (Cherry) worth Php 19,000
- 8. A participant may only win once throughout the duration of the promo. If a name is drawn more than once, he/she gets the prize of higher value.
- 9. Employees of Crescendo Audio and Music Depot, Inc. and PULP Live World and those of its affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, dealers, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, and their relatives up to the 2nd degree of consanguinity or affinity, are not qualified for the raffle.
- 10. Raffle Draw will be held with the presence of a DTI representative PULP Live World’s head on May 22, 2013, 5:30 pm.
- 11. Winners shall be announced on Crescendo & PULP Live World’s Website, and FB Page.
- 12. Winners will be notified via email/ SMS/ phone call instructing him/her on howclaim the prize.
- 13. Redemption of Prizes:
-Prizes must be claimed at PULP Live World’s Head Office at: 284 E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue, Q.C. Mon-Fri from 10am to 5pm.
- 14. Upon claiming of prizes, winners must present the following:
- Two (2) valid IDs with picture or birth certificate of the winner.
- In case of proxy/representative and for provincial winners:
Winner must provide an authorization letter and one (1) valid ID, and Valid ID of the proxy.
- 15. Prizes must be claimed within 60 days from his/her receipt of the notice. If unclaimed after 60 days, the prize shall be forfeited in favor of Crescendo Audio and Music Depot, Inc. with prior approval of DTI.
- 16. All prizes are non-transferable, non-convertible to cash, and are awarded tax free.
- 17. Crescendo Audio and Music Depot, Inc. and PULP Live World reserve the right to publish any winners' names, addresses, photos and likeness for advertising & publicity purposes without further compensation to the winner.
Per DTI-NCR permit # 2697, series of 2013.
RadioDriveBy released a new music video for their single "One You Want."
Watch it here:
PULP recently caught up with RadioDriveBy to discuss about their MMXIII, their city mates This Century and their current plans. And yes, when they blow up, remember you caught them here first in the pages of PULP Magazine…
PULP: Hailing from Phoenix, Arizona, how much of an influence is This Century to the band's sound?
Adam: We love the guys in This Century, and have been fortunate enough to play a lot of great shows with them in Arizona and California. They definitely are inspirations to us. The Arizona music scene as a whole has really influenced us. We're trying to create something new and step out of the norm with our songs, like a ton of AZ bands have.
PULP: We noticed that the title of your sampler is MMXIII. Is this your way of saying that 2013 is your year?
Adam: Basically, yeah. The MMXIII idea started as a teaser we released in January, meaning 2013 was the start of a new year for us, and we decided to develop it into the name of this sampler, and the theme of our band starting something new and growing. We do believe that 2013 holds great things for us. We have written the best music of our career, have grown our fan base worldwide, and are really ready to take over the world – including the Philippines (laughs)!
PULP: Your music is so bright and upbeat, especially “Tied Up.” Where do you think does this come from?
Adam: We like making music that people can enjoy listening to, and that is fun. In songwriting we try to make things catchy, memorable, and original, and we aim for our songs to be something we love playing onstage and that people love listening to.
PULP: You seem to have a lot of fans not only in the Philippines, but in other countries as well, how did you guys cultivate this following online?
Adam: It's pretty amazing how people have picked up on RadioDriveBy, especially in the Philippines. We never could have guessed something like this would have happened, and we are so grateful for all the support from everyone. We just try to interact with as many people as we can online, and make sure our fans know we care. Social media sites and the internet are huge for our band, and we are going to continue to offer content and things that help us grow that.
PULP: You are also known for a good number of YouTube covers, which ones would you consider as the big favorites by you and your fans?
Adam: My personal favorite is our version of Fun's "We Are Young." However, I hear from a lot of our fans that they really enjoyed our mash-up of Carly Rae Jepson's "Call Me Maybe" and Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know." We'll be doing some new covers soon as well, watch out for those!
PULP: How did you guys form?
Trent: RadioDriveBy formed in late 2009 when Austin, Evan, and myself all joined together to play a benefit concert at our church. After the show, we discovered that we clicked really well, especially in a musical aspect. So, we decided to keep pursuing music and eventually found the talented Adam and David along the way!
PULP: We've already mentioned "Tied Up" earlier, care to tell the story behind "Hold on to Me" and "The One You Want" as well?
Trent: The whole premise of "Hold on to Me" is basically this idea of wanting to leave normal life behind and doing something extraordinary instead. The main inspiration for this song was my dislike for routine and the daily grind. It just doesn't work for me. It's about that longing to just get out and really do something great with your life, and to everyone else you are leaving behind, you tell them "Don't hold on to me, just set me free" and if they love you, they'll understand.
"One You Want" is basically just a story that mirrors a lot of my frustrations with girls at times. Some girls like to play hard to get, and to be honest, I really don't feel like playing games! Maybe that makes me uninteresting, but I like things to be honest and real, and this song kind of portrays that frustration in a silly way. It's, like, "I know you want me! Just come get it!"
PULP: Which songs are on repeat on your respective iPods?
Trent: Currently, I can't get enough of The Temper Trap's "Love Lost" and Bat For Lashes' "Daniel" right now! I'll also always have a soft spot for anything by John Mayer.
Adam: I'm really digging Bruno Mars new record, Unorthodox Jukebox, as well as Augustana, I’m getting back into them!
PULP: Lastly, seeing that you have fans here already, is a visit here possible in the near future?
Adam: We have seen our fans in the Philippines do some really amazing things, and we can't thank them enough for every single ounce of support that we get. We definitely foresee a visit soon, and we really hope to meet each and every one of our dedicated fans. We love you all from the bottom of our hearts, and our fans are the reason we play music, so of course, we would absolutely love to come and visit! Together we can make it happen, and we'd love to come to the Philippines this year! PULP
SUMMER Clearance Sale is extended to April 26! 50% off on selected tshirts. Open to all walk-in buyers.
Your chance to win a Gibson guitar and a meet & greet with SLASH on May 4!
(Plus loads of Gibson merchandise to be given away!)
1. Promo period is from April 21, 2013 to May 1, 2013.
2. Raffle promo is open to all VIP, Patron, and Lower box ticket-holders of SLASH' Concert on May 4, 2013 at the Araneta Coliseum. (Complimentary tickets shall not be honored)
Ticket tier: Price
PATRON VIP (Standing) Php 3,710
PATRON (Reserved Seating) Php 3,710
LOWER BOX VIP (Reserved Seating) Php 3,710
3. To join the raffle, participants should visit any CRESCENDO Outlet nationwide. Participants must present their ticket, and/or official receipt (OR) to avail of the raffle coupon.
For the complete store listing, check Crescendo’s website at: www.crescendo.com.ph.
4. Once verified by Crescendo's sales personnel, each ticket entitles the bearer to one (1) raffle stub.
5. Once given a raffle stub, participants are prompted to fill-in the ff: details in the raffle ticket:
- Complete mailing address
- Contact number/s
- Valid e-mail address
- Concert ticket number &
- Signature affixed
6. Entries may be dropped in designated drop boxes located in all CRESCENDO outlets.
7. Deadline for registration and submission of entries will be on May 1, 2013 until store closing, 9pm.
8. A participant may only win once throughout the duration of the promo. If a name is drawn more than once, he/she gets the prize of higher value.
9. Prizes and Number of Winners:
1 winner of Gibson Les Paul Studio guitar worth Php 78,500
1 winner of Epiphone Les Paul guitar worth Php 43,000
1 winner of Epiphone Wilshire guitar worth Php 17,500
(Plus a chance to meet & greet SLASH on May 4 at the Big Dome)
10 winners of Women’s hoodie worth Php 3,900
10 winners of Men’s hoodie worth Php 3,900
15 winners of Gibson polo shirt worth Php 2,200
20 winners of Gibson T-shirt worth Php 1,250
20 winners of Gibson cap worth Php 1,250
10. Raffle Draw will be held with the presence of a DTI representative PULP Live World’s head office on May 3, 2013, 5:30 pm.
11. Winners will be notified via email and registered mail/ email and phone call instructing him/her on how to claim the prize.
12. Winners shall be announced on Crescendo & PULP Live World’s Website, and FB Page and will be posted at all Crescendo stores nationwide.
13. Redemption of Prizes:
- Prizes must be claimed at PULP Live World’s Head Office at: 284 E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue, Q.C. from 10am to 5pm.
- For provincial winners, prizes may be claimed at the nearest Crescendo outlet.
14. Upon claiming of prizes, winners must present the following:
• Two (2) valid IDs with picture or birth certificate of the winner.
• Only the following valid IDs shall be considered: SSS ID, TIN ID, Office/school ID, Passport, Driver’s license, Voter’s ID, Postal ID, PRC License and the Winner’s Notification Letter
• In case of proxy/representative and for provincial winners:
Winner must provide an authorization letter and one (1) valid ID, and Valid ID of the proxy.
15. Prizes must be claimed within 60 days from his/her receipt of the notice. If unclaimed after 60 days, the prize shall be forfeited in favor of Crescendo, with prior approval of DTI.
16. All prizes are non-transferable, non-convertible to cash, and are awarded tax free.
17. Crescendo and PULP Live World reserve the right to publish any winners' names, addresses, photos and likeness for advertising & publicity purposes without further compensation to the winner.
18. For inquiries and clarifications regarding the promo, email:
Per DTI-NCR Permit number 2413, series of 2013
You can now buy PULP Summer Slam 13 tickets at Odyssey, Astroplus, and Merriam & Webster Bookstores nationwide!
AYALA ALABANG AAX2, FILINVEST ALABANG, GATEWAY MALL, GREENBELT, MARKET MARKET, PAVILLION MALL BIÑAN, ROB ERMITA, ROB PLACE IMUS, ROCKWELL CENTERMALL, SM BACOOR, SM BICUTAN, SM DASMARIÑAS, SM FAIRVIEW, SM MALL OF ASIA, SM MEGAMALL, GLORIETTA, SM SOUTHMALL ODC, SM STA. MESA, SM MASINAG, SM SUCAT PARAÑAQUE, SM TAYTAY, SM NORTH EDSA MAIN MALL, STA. LUCIA EAST
SM MALL OF ASIA, SM MANILA, SM MEGAMALL, SM NORTH EDSA, Rob Ermita, SM Fairview, SM Marikina, SM Sta. Rosa, Festival Mall, SM Southmall, SM Taytay, Robinsons Metro East, SM San Lazaro, TRINOMA, GALLERIA GLORIETTA, GREENBELT, PODIUM, SHANGRILA, STA. MESA, SM MAKATI, THE BLOCK, VIRRAMALL, CASH & CARRY, SM ANNEX, SM BACOOR, SM DASMARINAS, SM BICUTAN, SM MOLINO, SM SUCAT, SM MASINAG
MERRIAM & WEBSTER BOOKSTORES:
ROBINSONS PLACE ANGELES, VILLALUZ BLDG., ANGONO RIZAL ANTIPOLO, BALAGTA, BERKERLY, TANDANG SORA, Q.C., CENTRAL MALL, BINAN, LAGUNA, JENRA GRAND MALL, ANGELES, PAMPANGA, BERNARDO BLDG, MALOLOS BULACAN, P. BURGOS, PASAY, PASIG, SUNSHINE PLAZA MALL, TAGUIG, WALTER MART CENTER, TANAUAN, BATANGAS, MAIN OFFICE: 46 APO ST. QUEZON CITY
You may still buy tickets from all SM Tickets outlets nationwide.
Happy Easter Sunday! PULP is having an Easter celebration SALE on April 1, 2013 (Monday) for up to 50% off on merchandise. FREE Chocolate eggs for every purchase! :) Open only to walk-in buyers. SEE YOU!